A mobile party, featuring musicians and a real-ale bar, runs every Friday during the height of summer. Apart from the glorious scenery, refreshments and live music this is an ideal way to visit local hostelries at villages along the line for a meal and a relaxing few drinks before returning on the train.
Tagged with: beer
, Music & Ale Train
, real ale
Posted in Battersby
, Castleton Moor
, Dog Friendly
, Family Outings
, Food & Drink
, Great Ayton
, Gypsy Lane
This walk from Castleton or Danby stations, is about 5 miles in total. Or it can be split into a 1.5 mile route East of the river, or 3.5 miles taking in Lower Danbydale, behind the village of Ainthorpe.
A series of paths between these two villages in Upper Eskdale offer a variety of walks on gently rolling paths, with stunning views across the dale and the moors beyond.
• A wheelchair-friendly linear route between Commondale and Castleton (or vice versa) approx 2 miles.
• A less frequented route on the west side of the valley between the 2 villages. Approx 2.5 miles with lots of stiles and muddy in wet weather
• A short 2 mile circular route from Castleton
• A short 2.5 mile circular route from Commondale
• A 5 mile figure of eight, or circular route starting at either village.